More than 10 million South Africans travel locally every year. Sho’t Left’s Travel Week is an initiative designed to showcase a range of affordable local experiences.
Every member of the tourism sector is invited to upload deals of up to 50% off, which will be available to the public during Travel Week, 5-11 September 2022. This serves as a powerful incentive for first-time travellers, as well as for regular travellers looking to dip their toes into new destinations and activities.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
Registrations are open to all trade members. South African Tourism encourages everyone from accommodation, airlines, car rental and transfer companies to museums, activities, and experiential businesses to register their deals for this year’s Travel Week.
WHY SHOULD YOU REGISTER?
Travel Week aims to maximise value and return on investment for all participating members. The initiative is backed by significant investment from South African Tourism. The result is a powerful platform with a strategically targeted, multi-channel marketing plan to optimise exposure and generate excitement around the best local deals.
WHEN DOES REGISTRATION TAKE PLACE?
Registration opened on 3 May 2022, at Africa’s Tourism Indaba. You can register online at https://deals.southafrica.net/za/en/account/login until 25 August 2022.
WHAT IS THE COST TO REGISTER?
Registration is free.
HOW MANY DEALS CAN YOU LOAD?
Participants can register and load as many deals as they like. They can also add, edit, or remove deals at any time following registration, as long as deals are finalised by 25 August 2022.
WHEN IS TRAVEL WEEK?
Sho’t Left Travel Week runs from 5-11 September 2022.
READY TO REGISTER: WHAT YOU NEED AND TOP TIPS FOR THE BEST DEALS
Register for Travel Week on the Deals Dashboard
Complete the online registration form at https://deals.southafrica.net/za/en/account/login
Picture This: Your Image Through Images
Members can upload up to seven images on to a carousel for each deal. Images should be 890×600 and we recommend that members use all seven images. The primary image should not contain logos or text. Video is also supported.
You will need the following written content:
- A title of 12 words or less. Hot tip: Include details of the discount in your title, as well as the number of people and number of nights. Be as specific as possible so the public knows exactly what the special entails.
- A summary of 200 words detailing the deal’s main selling points.
- A description of up to 1000 words. This section should include deal details, as well as other selling points, attractions, free offerings, and features.
- GPS co-ordinates and specific location for use on Waze and the Sho’t Left map.
- Content may be edited prior to 25 August 2022.
- Let your audiences know about the deals and encourage them to use the Waze or Sho’t Left map to access the best deals.
- Get admin assistance at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Members of the public can access deals through Waze, the Sho’t Left map, or by using the price, location, budget, and type filters on the Sho’t Left website.
- Billboards and outdoor media will alert the public to even more deals.
- There is a phased plan for registered trade to upload profiles and itineraries, with links to relevant deals, launching in June.
FIRST STEP: REGISTRATION
Visit the https://deals.southafrica.net/za/en/account/login for more information and to register online