There have been a number of significant appointments within the tourism industry of late:
1) Solomon Kgatle has been appointed operations manager at Kievits Kroon Country Estate, just outside Pretoria.
2) The Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa (FEDHASA) has made several high-profile appointments to its board, including the creation of a new position of Head of Strategic Projects with the aim of creating new revenue streams for the association.
3) Caleb Mabaso has been appointed head of Strategic Projects and Schalk Cilliers, executive director of ATKV, has been appointed chairman of the Inland region, which includes Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga, North West and Limpopo.
4) Michelè de Witt has been appointed chairperson of the Cape region, including Western and Northern Cape. De Witt is a director of Horwath HTL South Africa, an independent member firm of Crowe Horwath International's Hotel, Tourism and Leisure Group, responsible for all hotel, tourism, and leisure consulting in the whole of Africa.
5) Mike Jackson, Tsogo Sun’s Operations Director of the KwaZulu-Natal Region, has been elected chairman of FEDHASA’s East Coast Region, which includes KwaZulu-Natal and the Eastern Cape.
6) Charles Preece has been appointed to the permanent position of FEDHASA’s operations manager for the East Coast region, covering both the Eastern Cape and KZN. He is new to the FEDHASA board.