The 2015 Investing in African Mining Indaba, taking place on 9 – 12 February 2015 in Cape Town South Africa will feature an array of globally recognised economic visionaries, mining thought leaders and some of Africa’s largest deal-makers for the approximately 7000 delegates set to arrive from more than 110 countries.
Mining Indaba’s distinguished lineup of speakers is unparalleled and include:
• ROBERT FRIEDLAND, Executive Chairman and Founder, Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.
• ANITA MARANGOLY GEORGE, Senior Director, Global Practice on Energy and Extractive Industries, World Bank Group
• DR. DAMBISA MOYO, International Bestselling Author and Global Economist
• ROB HERSOV, Founder & Chairman, Invest Africa
• JIM O’NEILL, Chairman, Cities Growth Commission
• BOB DIAMOND, Founder Director, Atlas Mara
• PAOLO SCARONI, Vice Chairman, Rothschild
• ASHISH THAKKAR, Founder, Director, Atlas Mara
• DISTINGUISHED KEYNOTE PRESENTATION FROM MR. TONY BLAIR, Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
The Mining Indaba unites investors and dealmakers from around the world with attractive mining opportunities throughout all of Africa. The conference places emphasis on the myriad investment opportunities in the sector from majors to juniors; brownfields to exploration. As the world’s preferred platform for deal-making in African mining, delegates should expect to hear: a global perspective on the investment climate, status of current and emerging mining projects across Africa, and insights on the current mining scenarios in Africa’s most attractive mining jurisdictions.
“The 2015 Mining Indaba features a number of substantial investments we have made under our new ownership. These investments, made at a time when other events and the overall sector are contracting, reaffirms our belief that the long term outlook for Africa mining is excellent and our commitment for the Mining Indaba to remain the premier forum for uniting investors, mining companies and mining ministers,” explains Jonathan Moore, Managing Director, Mining Indaba.
Beyond our world-class headliners, delegates will hear corporate presentations from: C-level executives representing approximately 40 of Africa’s top and emerging mining players, 20 of the continent’s most progressive mining ministers, and industry thought leaders driving African mining into the next phase.