MIDRAND, South Africa — Mazda Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd. is looking back at 7 years as an independent national sales and service company and distributor of Mazda products on the 1st of October 2014.
Retail sales kicked off with a Mazda3 1.6 Dynamic 5dr being the very first vehicle sold. The first month of trading saw 306 vehicles being retailed. Ever since, the most preferred exterior color amongst our Mazda customers was, and still is, Mazda’s exclusive Soul Red Crystal. The most popular vehicle, in the 7 years of sales the Mazda CX-5, has sold 25 080 since its launch in 2014.
Mazda Owners and Fans can look back at many proud moments:
- The celebration of Mazda’s 100th anniversary on 30 January 2020.
- Mazda Southern Africa introduced SKYACTIV Technology to the South African market in 2014, with the Mazda3, Mazda CX-5 and Mazda6 being the first car lines to be launched with SKYACTIV Technology. Further updates to SKYACTIV Technology where made with the introduction of the 7th Generation Mazda vehicles, with the All-New Mazda3 and Mazda CX-30.
- In February 2017, Mazda launched a Mazda Lifetime Parts Warranty; an industry first in South Africa, where Mazda commits to repair or replace at no cost to the owner, any part fitted as part of a retail repair that fails to perform its normal function for the lifetime of the vehicle being in possession by the owner.
- Another industry first was the announcement of Mazda’s 3-year UNLIMITED kilometer warranty, 3-year UNLIMITED kilometer service plan and 3-year UNLIMITED kilometer roadside assistance on passenger vehicles, as part of the launch of the new independent Mazda business in South Africa.
- Mazda Southern Africa this year became first in the industry to sell Genuine Mazda parts for older vehicles on line and directly to the public in partnership with Takealot. This platform went live in the first week of July 2021.
- Mazda Finance which launched in February 2015 in partnership with Wesbank has to date financed over 15 700 new Mazda vehicles and over 5 600 used vehicles.
- Mazda Southern Africa received the Mazda Corporation Presidents Award for global markets for 4 consecutive years from 2015 to 2019, the last year of the award being made to Global Markets.
- The Mazda Southern Africa Foundation launched in November 2017. This non-profit organization supports young children with education and employment skills development across a wide spectrum and with various partners such Buskaid, Viva Foundation, Khula Education, The Goodwork Foundation, Lessons in Conservation and others.
- Mazda Southern Africa Foundation was awarded one of only 4 Global Honorable mention awards by Mazda Motor Corporation for its School Bag Project in March this year. The Project utilized old billboard material which was donated by Mazda SA and recycled into high-quality school bags and stationery supplies for children in need.
“An independent Mazda in Southern Africa has allowed us to re-establish and re-ignite the strong heritage and legacy that Mazda and its cars have always had in the South African market. The incredible product that Mazda Corporation continues to produce, and the amazing partnerships we have with our Dealer Partners and all our stakeholders, have made it possible to continuously grow the Mazda Brand since becoming independent seven years ago.
Our team in Southern Africa is truly inspired by our history. We set high goals and keep challenging ourselves until we get there. We continually aspire to the basic core principals of what we believe the automotive business should actually be like. It’s all about simplicity, integrity, flawless execution, mutual learning, and having that challenger spirit that has always served us so well” comments Craig Roberts, MD of Mazda Southern Africa.
We commend our Dealer Partners for the immense contribution they make in our business. They are seen as our Customers – everything we do will focus on them being the center of our operations, processes and interactions enabling them to deliver Exceptional experiences to their customers our Mazda owners.
For more information, please contact your nearest Mazda Dealer or visit our website on https://www.mazda.co.za